Wednesday, February 07, 2007

How did it go?

I said in the last post that I would let you know how driving in the snow went...well, the verdict is in. Not so good. I'm not kidding...I got into my very first accident! Seriously! I am okay, no one else was involved. I didn't get a ticket b/c it was caused by snowy and icy weather conditions. As I was driving in West Virginia, I was on the interstate, coming down a hill, gravity took it's toll at the same time that I drove over a long patch of slush. I pumped my brakes (as instructed) my car slid all over the place facing oncoming traffic. It kept slidding and stopped when the back of my car hit the guard rails...protecting me from going down the mountain. The back of my car (or Avis' car) was completely crushed. The trunk won't close and I lost a tail light. I must say that there are some very friendly people here in West Virginia!

As I was telling my Dad about this, he told me that my older sister got into a small accident yesterday in Baton Rouge. She and Brooks are fine. He said he was going to call my younger sister, Whitney, to tell her to be careful on the road!!

You can't make this stuff up, people.

No comments:

Blog Archive