Monday, February 05, 2007

"Red sky at night...

...sailor's delight. Red sky in morning, sailor's warning!" That's something my Dad always told me when we saw a red sky. Does it predict good weather or bad? Depends on the time of day. If you know this little rhyme, you're good to go!

It's been raining a lot in Baton Rouge the past few weeks, and as I was nearing my home from the airport yesterday afternoon, I came upon this beautiful sunset behind the LSU lakes. It was simply stunning. As any photographer knows, this beauty only lasts for several minutes...not nearly enough time to capture a photograph. But, lucky for me, I was coming back from my cousin Carmen's wedding (photos are coming!), so I had my camera with me. By the time I turned my car around to capture this beauty, it had already begun to set. But, I did capture a few photos of this beautiful sunset. I just *love* the reflection onto the lake...like a mirror image! The water was so still. You can even see the detail of the sky...in the water!
















When I left Baton Rouge this morning, it was a comfortable, cool 50 degrees. Right now, I am in West Virginia, where it is a frigid 0 degrees...no, that's not a typo...the lady at the front desk of my hotel just told me that it is 0 degrees outside. Of course, the windchill factor is lower. I'm afraid to ask how low. I do have one pressing question...how does one, raised in South Louisiana, drive in the snow?! I'll let you know how that goes...

No comments:

Blog Archive